- Top Of The Charts - Just Dance 4 has over 40 all-new songs, ranging from current Billboard hits, legendary favorites, and classic dance party tracks!
- Just Dance-Off! - Challenge your friends in 6 rounds of dance battles with the all-new battle mode!
- Bring Your Crew - Each player can get his own moment of fame with unique choreographies and moves for each member of your dance crew.
- Just Sweat It Out - The popular Just Sweat mode gets a major upgrade with brand new workout sessions, personalized programs, live feedbacks and a real calorie counter.
Today I had 5 classes play Just Dance 4 for the first time. We played the "Just Sweat" mode using the 25 minute option using the cardio-boxing style workout.
It was TERRIFIC!
It started with a 2 minute warm-up to a gentleman that sounded like the karate instructor from Exerbeat. My students were all engaged with the various movements.
After the warm-up, the game would randomly pick a song. They were all fantastic but the student's faves were Skrillex (off the charts choreography), Mr. Saxobeat, Good Feeling, Moves Like Jagger and the J-Lo song.
After each song, another 2 minute program with cardio boxing, kickboxing and other aerobic style movements were done, all engaging. The actual program usually took 28 minutes with around 5 songs interspersed between the workouts. It even ended with a 2 minute cool down with good stretches. Ubisoft could make a separate game just using the workout segments, it is that good.
Between the 5 classes, we made it to Level 9 and unlocked various goodies such as a song (Umbrella), new avatars, game modes, 60's just sweat workout, etc.
I wish I could post a short video I took of my 38 sixth graders singing loudly and dancing to "Good Feeling", it was awesome!
A couple of classes also performed the quartet of "Instanbul" and many already loved it because our social studies teacher plays that song when they study ancient civilizations. To cool......and a great follow up to last years fav, "Night Boat to Cairo"
Great job Ubisoft!!!!!!!!
Small nitpick, I wish I could make a custom playlist for the just sweat workouts.
Read Best Reviews of Just Dance 4 Here
I've been using both Just Dance 2 and 3 for part of my cardio routine as dancing is a lot more fun than straight aerobics or running. I was excited when JD 4 came out as I was looking for new songs to exercise to. However, after playing the Just Sweat mode for a couple of days I must say that I'm disappointed and frustrated that you can no longer chose your own songs and instead must dance to whichever song the program chooses. Some songs I either just don't like or find the choreography boring, which doesn't make for a fun experience! I also don't like that the program decides what level of intensity the songs are -I feel like you have no say in anything! I'm also not too keen on the "exercise" sections that intersperse the actual Just Dance songs, some are okay but the music is bland and the talking by the instructors is a bit annoying. The Just Dance mode is fine and there are some good songs--although too much pop music and not enough other types such as Bollywood or Latin--so I'll likely use that mode more.I own all Just Dance games. If you own no previous versions you may enjoy this. But, as a fan of the unique, inventive JD's of the past, this is way different, more like a typical exercise workout readily available for 1/3 the cost. If you want run of the mill exercise workout then save money, enter Exercise Workout in the Amazon Search for a way cheaper result.As an avid fan, I tried HARD to like this new version. Sweat mode no longer lets you pick your songs, forces not only a specfic song choice but cardio warmup and cooldown which is horrible and so against the old format. Do they not know true fans want to dance, not stretch and touch toes to 8 counts between songs? But, to continue dancing, you must do that SAME warmup and cooldown Over and Over and Over. It's like a penalty imposed between dances. Call me crazy, I bought this to dance, not stretch before during and after a few songs.
Tired of the repetitiveness of the in-between exercises after 2 days, can't imagine 2 months. Those of us fond of keeping score then trying to beat our own score can't do that anymore. No more scores since the format is now exercise and cardio, not dance routine.
My friends will be shocked I'm writing a negative review of Just Dance since I love and lost so much weight with previous editions. Lost 40 LB doing JD 1-2. JD 3 changed but I still like it and do it sometimes. But now, Michael Jackson Dance Exerperience is the game I'd recommend for great routines, choosing yourself the songs you like, easy weight loss using your current score as a fun challenge, plus no arobics but just great dance routines.Buy this game! At the very least, you'll have a blast! I bought the Wii just for the sake of playing the Just Dance games and since then, I've lost 40lbs and I never get tired of it. Best part: it typically doesn't feel like exercise! Just Dance 4 has much better choreography and is a lot more appealing. Personal favorite: One Direction's "What Makes You Beautiful". I didn't care for the song before this game and, right now, it is currently on repeat so there's so many layers to the enjoyment.
Issues: I do skip songs, though: I avoid the Just Sweat mode b/c it's limiting and I prefer dancing over aerobics. Even if the choreography involves it in the regular dances, I just don't want it to be so obvious. I personally prefer doing a roger rabbit than a lunge, sue me... Also, I wish some of the older song selections had more exciting dances but I think that "lack" brings in all types of players.
Overall: It's also great for parties, a rainy day or just a work-out but there's no doubt you'll enjoy the mess outta this game!



0 comments:
Post a Comment