The Serpent in the Glass [Kindle Edition]

The Serpent in the GlassDarren Andrews has written a delightful tale that is well-told. The Serpent in the Glass is engaging, fun, meaningful, and is the kind of tale I love to see my children enjoy. The Serpent in the Glass is entertaining to me as an adult, and left me wishing other books in this series were already available so I could continue the saga. I look forward to more of about Thomas Farrell from Darren Andrews.

Had this book recommended and decided to give it a go. Although aimed at younger readers it's suitable for adults, too. The story is well constructed and the characters come to life in such a way that you care what happens to them. As the previous review stated, the beginning could be considered a little slow, but I have it on good authority that the second edition is addressing this issue and will reach the more engrossing part of the tale faster. The book ends in such a way as to be complete whilst still leaving scope for a sequel should the author wish to write one (I hope he does!)

All in all, well worth the read and an excellent way to begin a writing career. More please! :-)

Buy The Serpent in the Glass [Kindle Edition] Now

I bought this for my 11 year old Daughter for Christmas, for her new Kindle. Tad slow to start but she finished it in 4 days and is looking for more by this Author. I have started to read it too and love the way this appeals to both Kiddles and Growed Ups alike. Highly recommended.

Read Best Reviews of The Serpent in the Glass [Kindle Edition] Here

This was a very enjoyable read. That said, I was disappointed by the mixing of Welsh and Irish myth and legend into a tale of Scotland. If you can ignore that then you will be totally thrilled by this adventure.

Want The Serpent in the Glass [Kindle Edition] Discount?

This is an excellent story, allegedly for young readers but interestingy told so that it will appeal to adult fantasy readers too. I always feel you need to be at least as good a writer and possibly better to write for the young, who do not suffer fools gladly. They are not prepared to wait for long expositions or scene setting and demand action, sense and a darned good story. They get them all here. Thomas Farrell, an orphan, goes to boarding school after his 11th birthday and for the first time, has friends other than his adopted sister.

We find out, with Thomas, about the school he attends, the place it 'joins' in another world and his father's place there. We meet other races from this world too, which to me, harked back a little to Alan Garner's wonderful creations. There are echoes of Celtic mythology too very nicely done. There is some lovely writing here, especially when Thomas first discovers Darkledun Grange. The pace of the story is just right and there were exciting episodes in there that kept me reading much longer than I should have been! I enjoyed this very much and I was pleased to see from the ending, that the way is left open for more from these believable characters.

0 comments:

Post a Comment