- "shell" design keeps the solder from splattering
- Will not reduce the tip temperature
- A great alternative to the conventional damp sponge
- No mineral buildup or oxidation as occurs with soldering iron sponge
- May be used as a portable tool holder and cleaner
Buy Hakko Tip Cleaner (599B-02, No Water Needed) Now
: 3:12 MinsI've kind of had this on my radar for about a year. I always used sponges or wet newspaper, but wondered how these brass "sponges" worked.
I finally took the plunge and picked up one and I was very surprised at how well it worked. The brass is softer than the soldering iron's tip, but it's harder than the oxidized crud that builds upon the iron's tip. Plunging the iron tip into the brass ball a few times cleans it right up and leaves it ready to tin and get back to soldering.
It also doesn't cool the tip very much.
I put together a short video showing the size of the unit it's bigger than I thought it would be from looking at the pictures.
Read Best Reviews of Hakko Tip Cleaner (599B-02, No Water Needed) Here
First time using this type of equipment, Perfect results.Great example of K.I.S.S. theory mechanics.I'm soldWant Hakko Tip Cleaner (599B-02, No Water Needed) Discount?
My solder tip is always caked in dirt and stuff.A single thrust and twist in the Hakko tip cleaner and it's clean!
Highly recommended!I don't own one of these. I went to my local supermarket and bought a stainless steel pot scrubber and stuffed it into a small tin can that used to hold spices. It works *very* well, far better than the traditional wet sponge and its always ready to use. The cost was about $4.50.
Based on that, I *assume* the Hakko Tip Cleaner is every bit as good, perhaps better. Whether you go DIY like me or buy the Hakko version, I highly recommend switching to this style of tip cleaner and abandoning wet sponges.



0 comments:
Post a Comment