Dial C for Chihuahua [Kindle Edition]

Dial C for ChihuahuaThis is a rarity for me but I laughed out loud most of the way through this book. I think it was the way the author made Pepe, the Chihuahua come alive. The outlandish stories that he tells his "owner" are just too funny, yet the reader is left with this nagging feeling that maybe there is some truth to the tales!

Every page is something new a bit of information about Pepe, some information about the "cases" that Pepe and his novice detective partner are uncovering. The "Dancing with Dogs" idea for a reality show is outrageous but then again, much of this book showed a lot of imagination. The unfortunate thing is that I figured out who did it about half way through. I really think a mystery book is great when I can't figure it out or I figure it wrong. There is also some adult language sprinkled throughout but is sparse until the end when Pepe and his partner bring down the culprit in a rather graphic "crotch" incident.

While I thought that "crotch" part could have been left out, I did enjoy the antics of Pepe and figured the author really knew about dogs and their behavior. Probably if a dog could really talk, much of the conversation would sound just like it did coming from Pepe's mouth. Overall, the story was enjoyable, the characters were brought to life and on the eccentric side (which is something I really like). This is definitely a book that you can escape into and forget your troubles. I will certainly be reading the next installment.

I found Dial C For Chihuahua to be delightful, well-written, and one of those sort of books that leaves you smiling and looking forward to the next in the series.

Buy Dial C for Chihuahua [Kindle Edition] Now

I'm only halfway done with this book but I love it. There's a few lines that I've reread over and over and laugh hysterically every time. It's well-written and highly entertaining. I have no problem with talking dogs. I have two dogs and all the time wish they could talk just for an hour so I could know what they are thinking. I love cozies in general but find some are written weakly. This one is not. My only complaint is that I have to wait until next year for the next installment in this series. I like when I discover a new book after there's four or five written already. Then I have something to look forward to. I highly recommend this book.

Read Best Reviews of Dial C for Chihuahua [Kindle Edition] Here

Smart. Humorous. Page-turning. Funny. Charming and fun. A real kick!

I will think of Pepe's perfect Spanglish understatement whenever I open my freezer and see a commonly stocked item that figures in the book. I laughed out loud when I read it, and laughed out loud again trying to read it aloud to my husband; it's toilet humor handled with the delicacy of Jane Austen. Like this one line, the droll humor throughout the book is perfectly calibrated, orchestrated not with a gong and hammer but with a tuning fork.

Oh, and the details about Seattle are actually all correct, not like that naughty book maddeningly set in a fake Seattle. This one's accurate, with perfect place detail that delightfully sets the scenes.

A likable heroine, a loveable sidekick, a satisfying mystery, and overall a perfect Sunday read.

Want Dial C for Chihuahua [Kindle Edition] Discount?

I have to admit it took me about two chapters to get used to Pepe talking but once I did I LOVED the book! Pepe is adorable and funny! I enjoyed the book so much I couldn't put it down and read it in a day. It is a fun, fast read. I can't wait for the next book in the series.

0 comments:

Post a Comment