Xuron 170-II Micro-Shear Flush Cutter

Xuron 170-II Micro-Shear Flush Cutter
  • Flush cutter for shear cutting soft wire up to 20 AWG (0.8 mm)
  • Alloy steel with Rockwell hardness 54-56C for strength
  • Return spring requires minimal hand movement
  • Compact size for access in small areas
  • Nonslip hand grips for comfort and control

I did not pay attention to this product description:

"Capacity: 18 AWG"

That means it should not be used to cut thicker than 18 gauge wires. I however cut 16 AWG many times (no problems) and then attempted to cut a 20+ bundle of 16 gauge wires at once. One of the two shears snapped off.

Xuron sent me a replacement for free. Feeling guilty that I cost them money due to my irresponsibility, I decided to buy another Shear cutter (an LX model, which is stamped out of thicker metal and is heat-treated to a higher hardness. It's designed to cut 16 AWG wires). Very happy with their products and service.

The LX model is physically the same size as this 170-II. The LX weighs 54 grams and the 170-II weighs 49 grams. I can't feel the weight difference in my hand. I'd probably recommend the LX as it costs less than three bucks extra.

Buy Xuron 170-II Micro-Shear Flush Cutter Now

I keep it in my guitar case. It works perfect for clipping guitar strings after re-stringing.

Read Best Reviews of Xuron 170-II Micro-Shear Flush Cutter Here

these cutters are an amazing tool for getting into hard to reach places, i bought them for removing ICs

Want Xuron 170-II Micro-Shear Flush Cutter Discount?

Since more than 15 years I use the micro shear, both for what it was designed for (jobs like cutting fine wires in electronics) and many other uses, including cutting cables, way to tall for it. Therefore ultimately, I break the tool (and take a new one out of the box: I buy them by the dozen, giving many items away to please my friends). A small tool that is simply a lot smarter than all its competitors and that addicts: use it once and you'll never accept what you had before anymore. It is just the logical idea of cutting shearwise in stead of what an ordinary sidecutter does: forcing away the material between two sharpened beaks, touching eachother. Warning: if anyone wants to borrow it from you, better give it away because you'll never get it back anyway.

Save 15% off

I have used cutters like these before and had them fall apart on me but this item has held together just fine. A great buy for the price!

0 comments:

Post a Comment