- 40+ perfectly looped sounds for relaxing or sleeping
- Import new sounds for free from the White Noise Market at http://whitenoisemarket.com/
- Mix multiple sounds together to create new ambiences
- Background audio support so you can use other apps
- Create multiple alarms that slowly fade in waking you up feeling refreshed
- Sleep digital LED clock perfect for any nightstand. Drag up and down to adjust brightness. Swipe left and right to adjust color.
- Sound timers turn off audio to save battery life and fade audio out so won't suddenly awake
- Star your favorite sounds in the catalog for quick access in the favorites category view
- On-screen media and volume controls and gesture support allows swiping left or right to navigate sound collection
- No Ads
HOWEVER... it FORCES you to rate it in the most annoying fashion. It asks, then if you click either ask later or no, the request simply blinks back onto the screen until you rate it so the app become s unusable till you follow through. This is incredibly pushy, severely annoying and inconvenient, and just plain rude. Hopefully this review makes it go away forever, but I already wrote one that was rejected and it came back today after a week or so absence.This is a great FREE app. Beautiful images and high-quality sounds. That being said, I wouldn't pay for it unless it had a few additional features not currently available. Those being the following.
1. This app doesn't allow you to mix various sounds together.
2. The sounds are on a noticeable loop. For sleep you would most likely fall asleep before noticing it, but if reading, you will notice loop patterns.
3. This app doesn't offer a "quit" button. You can only "pause" and the app continues to run in background. It needs a quit option like Pandora and I-heart-Radio. I had to use the "Force Stop" so it wouldn't run in background.
Hope this review helps others.
PS: I kind of worry for the individual that enjoys listening to the very annoying sound of a vacuum cleaner. That would not relax me, it would make me think of chores!!! :-)
Read Best Reviews of White Noise Here
I am VERY sensitive to noise of all kinds. I initially purchased White Noise Lite (which is free). Although it worked quite well, the free version only runs alone, which means you can't read a Kindle book at the same time you use White Noise Lite. I decided that a couple of bucks was a small price to pay to block out my boyfriend's rock band rehearsal while I read.There are so many great choices for noises on the White Noise app -many more than on the free version. Although I like Pink Noise best while I'm trying to read, my favorite sound on this app is of a cat purring. I can't wait to play that one the next time I take a nap. I find the sound of a cat purring very relaxing and become instantly drowsy when I hear it. I am also thrilled that the next time I'm staying in a hotel where I can hear noises outside my room, I will be able to play a soothing sound from this app instead of suffering through the noise or spending a bunch of money on a white noise machine (which I have almost done many times).After having some trouble falling asleep as of late, I decided to try the white noise deal and after reviewing a handful of programs I selected this one and one other. On the "other" program you get the app and then have to download your sounds. This program comes already populated with sounds. It appears that you can download sounds but I haven't tried that as I was happy with one of the sounds as packaged.
Lucky for me the "water" sounds just like my old aquarium and recalling those days I slept like a rock. So gave it a go last night and instead of laying there for hours, apparently went to sleepy land in no time at all. Normally I wake up several times during the night but not last night. Needless to say I think I'm hooked.
Things I like: Being able to set the amount of time the sounds will play. Being able to adjust the app sounds separately from the phone volume. I like the "Prevent Interruptions" button. I like the clock but I have to say that, damn it's bright. I didn't read the directions and since my phone sits in a holder I had to place a hat over it to dim it down. Upon reading the directions today though it's very simple to darken or brighten the display and even change colors. There is a dozen or so different switches that one can choose from.
Things I don't like: Well none so far.
Big thumbs up and highly recommend.It works in the background if you want to read or do other things while you fall asleep. Separate timers and alarm allow you to have the sleep sounds wind down at one time and the alarm come on at a different time. Most of all, it drowns out much of the ambient noise so you can sleep. Works well for light to moderate snoring though nothing short of a chainsaw works on the heaviest snores I can sleep through most nights now. Occasionally locks up, but that's rare. Double check alarm settings when you change them, as sometimes it wants to keep the old settings instead. Sound selection is very diverse with lots to choose from though why anyone would wish to fall asleep to a dripping faucett is mystifying to me. A solid buy.



0 comments:
Post a Comment