Married by Monday (Weekday Brides Series) [Kindle Edition]

Married by MondayI really loved this book. After reading Wife by Wednesday, I went to Catherine Bybee's website to see what else she had wrote and was thrilled to see that the second book in the series had just come out. I didn't want to put it down. You can't help but love both Carter and Eliza. It was great to see that the other characters from the first book were brought into this book quite a lot as Sam and Blake were an exceptional couple too. I really enjoy a series where they bring all the characters together again. I really enjoyed both of her books in this series and can't wait for her next book to come out. I highly recommend both these books. The way Catherine Bybee writes, you can just feel the love and compassion between the characters.

Ok, 4.5 but so close it doesn't really count...

Catherine Bybee books are the reason normal, work-a-day people love to read. They will always deliver a great story, a sizzling fun romance and a way to escape the dolldrums of the moment and fall in love all over again!

In this, the second in a series, we get to know the fiesty partner in the marriage making business, Eliza, along with her nemesis/crush, Carter Billings. The sparks are combustible each and every time they hit the page together but Eliza holds a secret that keeps her from getting too close to anyone, most of all, Carter.

I love that this book isn't just another remake of the first in the series, "Wife by Wednesday". It takes a completely differnt plot turn while still holding on to the basic premise that makes these stories so addictive. In this installment, we find a strong Romantic Suspense element that allows for more exploration and depth in the characters. It takes a while to warm to Eliza, she comes across rather harsh at first, but once the layers start to peel away, we find a rich resevoir of understanding that warms us to her character and keeps us rooting for her happily-ever-after.

I also like that Bybee didn't paint the characters as all bad or all good for that matter. Carter was good but not so good that he didn't do what he had to do to work the system, making him believable as a politician and as a person.

For those of us who insist on analyzing plot twists and motive, the ending may be slightly frustrating, but

for pure unadulterated fun, beach-read, get-away, enjoyment this one is hard to beat!

Buy Married by Monday (Weekday Brides Series) [Kindle Edition] Now

As most of you know by now, I am a wholehearted romantic. I had the first book in this series, but hadn't had an opportunity to read it. Then this tour came along and gave me my chance. So, I read the first book and enjoyed it, so I was looking forward to seeing what book 2 had in store for me. I really liked this book. It had all the romance and more.

One of things I liked the most about this book was Eliza's unexpected background. I would have never guessed that her back story was so interesting. I liked her in the first book, but we only see the surface of her character. Eliza is deeper than I thought she would be. She is a little spunky and funny when she allows it, but she is definitely a thinker. She has to be. I really enjoyed getting to know her.

I knew when I met Carter in book one that he would have a story. He's not in the first book much, but he definitely had a strong presence. What I liked about Carter was that he was the one to really pursue Eliza. He is a powerful political figure trying to reach even higher ground, but he still manages to put his life first. It was impressive. I also love how protective he was of Eliza. She was his first priority. I loved that.

The second books in the series can sometimes be a little lacking, but I actually enjoyed this book more than the first. I love all of the characters in the series and look forward to reading the next book in the series.

Read Best Reviews of Married by Monday (Weekday Brides Series) [Kindle Edition] Here

I had a great deal of difficulty getting through this story due to the incredible number of spelling, punctuation, and grammatical errors. Not only were they distracting, but several times they were so confusing I was forced to read a passage more than once to decipher the author's intended meaning. It is unfortunate that an obviously talented storyteller such as Ms. Bybee is unable to depend on the assistance of an equally talented editor.

Want Married by Monday (Weekday Brides Series) [Kindle Edition] Discount?

When I purchased Wife by Wednesday, it languished in my Kindle for a few days, but once I read it....well, I liked it so much I immediately read it again. This sequel didn't languish for a minute before I dug in and I was not disappointed. The characters have many layers, the story is sweet with a surprising twist and we revisit and get to know more about characters we met in the past. Now I will be waiting impatiently for the next installment.

Ever since I started reading romance novels in my teens, I could always tell it was good if my fingers tingled when the author nailed it and I felt real emotion between the characters. I felt multiple tingles in this book, so that's my best recommendation.

You don't have to read the first one to enjoy this one...but why wouldn't you? They're both great choices for a sunny day by the pool with a tall cold one. Enjoy!

0 comments:

Post a Comment