That said, I also successfully got new tubes shipped priority from Medela when I called this week. After calling 1-800-435-8316 and choosing the option to hit #3 on my phone and then #2, the customer service rep, Patty, was very friendly and after explaining to them why I needed new tubes (the end that was plugging into the machine was getting wider and so the suction was not as good) the only questions she asked me were in regards to my contact info so that Medela could send me the tubes ASAP.
Hope this is useful and good luck to all the breast feeding moms out there!These tubes worked fine in my Medela Pump In Style, but I do not think they are actually manufactured my Medela. They came in some generic packaging (i.e. cardboard insert in a plastic bag stapled shut). The quality seemed fine and they work, but I think that most people would want to know that they are not buying something that is made by Medela. To me, that wasn't spelled out in the product description.
Other than that, they worked fine.
Buy Replacement Tubing for Medela Pump in Style and New Pump in Style Advanced Breast Pump Now
When I received this product it was obvious that is is not made by Medela or an affiliated company, but an aftermarket product, which may not have been too bad (that's what I get for not reading all the reviews) BUT you can't even sterilize the tubing! The instructions state that you can't steam or boil the tubing but only "wash with cold water". What use is that with something that is supposed to be sterile? Total waste of money don't buy!5 star for the price. But cons:1. This is not a Medela product. Manufactured in Taiwan... makes me wanna question the quality. The original Medela replacement is $19.99 (or you can call Medela and they'll replace it for free if within 90 days of purchase). But the tube seems pretty okay.
2. The connectors on the tubing are slightly different from the original Medela ones (more creamish and slightly different design). They fit my one piece shields well, but are a little loose on the original 2 piece shields that come with the pump. I can still make it work, but they are loose.I called Medela and they did not offer to send me replacement tubes. Ordered these, and they work perfectly with my Pump In Style. They look and feel the exact same as Medela tubes. I'm very happy with this purchase and the money I saved not ordering from Medela.



0 comments:
Post a Comment