AccuWeather

AccuWeather
  • Everything your Kindle Fire and Kindle Fire HD need in a weather app for free!
  • Accurate and local forecasts for 2.7 million locations worldwide. Forecasts update every 15 minutes with information for the next 15 days - all in 27 different languages.
  • Radar for all of North America and Europe, and worldwide satellite overlaying interactive Google MapsTM. Snapshot view of the maps for your saved locations!
  • Data visualization through optional weather graphs.
  • Customizable My AccuWeather lifestyle forecasts for specific health concerns and outdoor activities. Categories include: Outdoor Fitness, Travel, Respiratory Health, Fishing and Game, and Do-It-Yourself.
  • More information such as dew point, probability of precipitation are now available. Sunrise and sunset times are available for all forecast days in daily details !

I was looking for just this kind of app for all my weather needs. Has real time radar and accurate temps. The 5 day forecast is on the spot also. Takes a little long to load, but may be the Thunderbird. Best free I've seen so far.

Buy AccuWeather Now

I had the same problem of it taking my location and then doing nothing. I found that after entering location, if I hit the Fire " back" button, the app then showed the blue weather bar at the bottom, and the "refresh" and GPS symbols on the app title line. On pressing the refresh button, it loaded weather data! It had lost my location, which I re-entered on the app's "settings" page, and it now works great. I have always preferred this weather app over all others on my other platforms. Hope this helps others in getting it running on Fire as well.

Read Best Reviews of AccuWeather Here

There doesn't seem to be a way to terminate this program once you run it other than uninstalling it. Everytime I run this program and think I've stopped using it, it still is listed as an ongoing app on the Kindle Fire. Once I've checked the forecast I don't need to have it constantly running and using memory (even if it is minimal).

Want AccuWeather Discount?

I downloaded this app based on the precieved value of the AccuWeather name, but I will not install it I just noticed the permissions it asked for!!!! I understand the need for course GPS, but SMS, email & phone is over reaching in the scarry extreme!

Crashes so often on my Kindle Fire that I uninstalled it after just a few minutes. Looks like it would be good if it were made compatible with the fire.

0 comments:

Post a Comment