These ice sphere molds work perfectly. Use as directed and you will achieve a clear practically perfect 2.5" sphere of ice each time. Durable and well contructed from food grade materials. You'll get clearer ice if you use filtered or boiled water. If prefered, you can even add fruit and stuff into the molds for presentation.
This morning, I used 2 spheres to chill a very large cafe latte. I would normally fill almost the entire glass with regular ice and then have to add more ice half way through cause it melted. These spheres worked perfectly. Hardly any dilution of my espresso and by the time I finished there were still 2 resonably large ice spheres in my glass that I could have continued to use in a refill. These things are just brilliant! I have no idea why anyone would ever spend $500-$1500 for a press when they could have these. These are perfect to chill your liquor or any beverage you prefer to not become diluted.
Someone rated this product at 2 stars. If you actually read their review you'll understand that the person is an idiot. If the 2.5" ice sphere doesn't fit your glass, use a different glass. If you don't want your beverage to splash, put the ice in first. It's just common sense.This product does what it says it does, making 2" ice spheres. They work very well for scotch or any whiskey drinkers as well as shaker cocktails, as it cools the liquid in a rocks glass without diluting your drink because of the less surface area of the sphere opposed to regular cubes. It can be a little frustrating when making at first, sometimes the tops pop off alittle and can cause more egg shaped ice. I would recommend either using distilled water or boiling filtered water once or twice as you'll get clearer spheres and better results.
Buy Tovolo Sphere Ice Molds Now
These molds actually work! Perfect sphere for my vodka rocks finally, my vodka doesn't get watered down. I can usually get 3 cocktails out of one ice sphere also. A side note, I bought this set for $11.95 at Sur de la Table online they are $10.95 at Sur. Worth the $.Read Best Reviews of Tovolo Sphere Ice Molds Here
I went to Japan a few years ago and every restaurant I went to served whiskey in a highball glass with a single giant sphere of ice that just fit inside the glass. It was the most perfect way of serving whiskey on the rocks I've ever seen. The single large 'cube' of ice lasted way longer than my whiskey every time, and the whiskey was nicely chilled, not too cold, not too warm. The bonus: it is very visually appealing.When I returned to the states, I looked high and low for a way to make these spheres at home. The only thing I could find was much smaller, which completely defeats the point of the sphere. These ice molds are the closest I've found to that original experience.
I ordered these even though I was still concerned that they weren't large enough. When I received them, I still didn't think they were as large as I really wanted. After using them a few times, I would still like them to be about 1/2" larger, but they are still fantastic!these look really really cool. Very fun to do. I've made a few & store them in ziploc backs in the freezer so I always have a good supply going. works great for cocktails & the ice spins really nicely. Very fun. I've found it's easiest to remove the ice immdiately from the freezer...dont let it sit for more than just a second once outside!



0 comments:
Post a Comment